Please note: This page is currently under construction
This privacy statement establishes how the Refugee Appeals Tribunal will collect and use information about you from your visit to this website. The Refugee Appeals Tribunal respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Refugee Appeals Tribunal does not collect any personal information about you on this website, apart from the information which you volunteer by sending us an email such as your name, address, and email address. We may store your name, address and email address in order to respond to your request, to otherwise resolve the subject matter of the email or to compile statistics.
The Refugee Appeals Tribunal will not attempt to identify individual visitors to the website or to associate technical details with any individual. It is our policy never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party, unless obliged to disclose such information by law.
Collection and Use of Technical Information
We may collect and store technical details in connection with visits to this website for statistical purposes. For example, we may count the number of visitors to the different pages of our website to help make them more useful to visitors. This information does not identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- the Internet domain (for example, 'xcompany.com' if you use a private Internet access account, or 'yourschool.edu' if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website.
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our site.
- the date and time you access our site.
- the pages you visit on our site.
- if you visited the Refugee Appeals Tribunal website from a link on another website, the address of that website.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site.